According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, how often your air duct system needs cleaning relies on several factors (see below), as well as the expectations of the home owner. It is recommended to have an inspection done every 3-5 years.
- Smokers in the household
- Pets that shed high amounts of hair and dander
- Water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system.
- Residents with allergies or asthma who might benefit from a reduction in the amount of indoor air pollutants in the home’s HVAC system.
- After home renovations or remodeling.
- Prior to occupancy of a new home.